Went on a fieldtrip to the Colorado School of Mines Geology Museum with my friend and her three kids. We used to work at the museum together while we were in school and were later roomates. The museum has since gotten a bigger space in a new building. When we arrived at the school, the museum was closed. I should have known. When I called the day before the girl who answered the phone responded, “Uh, yeah” when asked if it would be open.

So we headed up to the bookstore and took some pictures by the old location of the museum.


Then I stopped by the physics department and ran into one of the lab advisors from my student days coming out the door. He said he had one of my assignments for me and handed me my field session notebook from 2000! That was surprising. The place looked almost exactly the same, even the same lab results and posters were hanging on the wall.

Then we headed down to the Heritage Park at Clear Creek and had lunch. Felicity and I peeked in the garden and the chicken coop. There was rhubarb, spinach, and kale coming up.


Then we headed home.
No comments:
Post a Comment