Thursday, December 24, 2009
Mommy's Childhood Dress
My grandmother made me this dress when I was about Felicity's age. The story goes that she saw a similar dress at a shop and was shocked at the high price tag. So she decided to sew the dress herself. By the time she bought all the materials, it cost her about 30 dollars (1980), which was more than the dress at the shop! Anyhow, my mother saved the dress and so Felicity got to wear it for Christmas Eve.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
funny. it's that the way it goes many times! wondering how you are feeling. hope you are enjoying this pregnancy and enjoying this sunday.
Feeling okay these days, just a bit tired and clumsy. Trying to use the nesting instinct to get some household projects done. I feel so big that it's hard to believe there are still about two months left. In reality, I know that I am smaller than last time! Must be because I am busy chasing Felicity this time instead of lazing around. I am enjoying the pregnancy and every bit of nice weather I can get! Hope you are all doing well. He's almost out of the newborn stage, isn't he?
Post a Comment