Friday, June 12, 2009

Morro Bay

My cousin Kymberly whom I had not seen for a decade or so came to town with her four kids. We took a day trip out to Morro Bay. After a fun time chatting with John and Kymberly on the way to the beach, we had lunch at the Nibble Nook. The clam chowder was excellent. We headed out onto the beach, where Felicity had her first experience with the waves and the sand. She was unsure of the water.



Felicity and I with Grandma Jennie.


Grandpa Russ tries to get a smile.


She looked so tiny!





Felicity really enjoyed crawling around and eating the sand.



The following photo is from the first time Felicity and I visited the beach together, in December of 2007...

and this photo is at the same spot during the current visit.


Ivy enjoyed burying John in the sand.


We strolled around the boardwalk for awhile. These are my cousin's kids and the rock in the background is Morro Rock.




I used to enjoy going to this tiny aquarium as a child. It looks exactly as it did then. There are seal and sea lion tanks on one side and then some tanks with fish and crustaceans inside. Felicity enjoyed mimicking the sea lions “awworgh”. We also made the traditional visit to the Shell Shop.


We stopped at a couple of farm stands on the way back home. This one had avocado trees with ripe avocados on them.

No comments: